Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. They allow a site, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user`s browsing habits (site, preferences, profile, information, etc) and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user.
Cookies can be internal or of third parties. The internal ones are those established by the domain of the website itself. Those from third parties come from other external sources, such as advertisements, images etc, inserted in the webpages.
For certain functions of the website www.veronicaruizderma.com it is necessary to have certain cookiess enabled.
What information is stored in a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information of the user, such as credit cards, bank details, photographs, ID number or personal information. The data they store are of technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents etc. The web server does not associate the user as a person but it does to their browser.
We may classify cookies according to the different criteria. Depending on the period in which they remain active:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that are created when the user visits the website and expire when it ends the session, so they are not registered in the computer.
- Persistent: they are stored on the computer beyond the browsing session. They allow websites to remember user preferences and settings when the user accesses again. They remain active for a set of time, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the entity that manages them:
- Own: are those established by the domain of the website that is being visited and are essential for its operation.
- From third parties: they come from other external sources, such as advertisements, images etc inserted into the pages. They are for statistical purposes.
According to its purpose:
- Techniques: they are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know if a human or an automated application is browsing, etc. These are the basic tasks for the operation of any Dynamic website.
- Analysis: they collect information on the type of navigation that is being carried out, the sections that are more visited, the products consulted, the time zone of use, the language etc,. Its purpose is to introduce improvements based on the analysis of browsing behaviors.
- Adversiting: allow the management of advertising in the spaces that have been enabled on the web pages, depending on the user`s navigation, their country of origin, language etc.
Which ones are used on the site?
Coming from Google Analytics, it collects information and offers site usage statistics without personally identifying users
30 minutes after the configuration or update
6 months from configuration or update
For the duration of the session
It is used to define the session state and record the visitor’s session. It is not intrusive nor does it keep your record between visits or on different websites. It is necessary for the operation of the website.
Acceptance of the cookies policy
www.veronicaruizderma.com displays information about its Policy of cookies at the bottom of any page when the site is accessed for the first time in each browser and if they have not been accepted previously.
Given this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the website.
- More information. You will obtain more information related to the cookies used by the website veronicaruizderma.com
Ways to disable them
The cookies stored in the user´s computer or device can be deactivated following the instructions of the browser itself (usually through the “help” section of the menu). However, you have to bear in mind that the deactivation of any cookie may prevent or hinder navigation or the provision of the services offered on the site.
Below are the links to modify the cookie settings in the main browsers:
- Explorer: microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=”ie-10″
- Firefox: mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=”es”
- Safari: apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
More information about cookies and their deactivation can be found on www.aboutcookies.org
What happens if we deactivate the cookies?
To understand the scope that disabling cookies may have, some examples of actions that cannot be carried out without showing access are shown:
- Content from a website cannot be share don social networks.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as is often the case with online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal areas of the websites such as “ My account”, “My profile” or “My orders”.
- Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, since functions such as the shopping cart will not be available.
- The website will not be able to perform an analysis on the visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult to improve the user experience.
The website will not be able to know if the user is a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
Can you delete cookies?
Yes. Not only delete, but also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain. To delete cookies from a website, you have to go to the browser settings where you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to delete them.
Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this site it should be possible to make use of the right to eliminate or deactivate them. Neither this site nor its legal representatives can guarantee the corrector incorrect handling of cookies by browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install so that the browser does not forget its decision not to accept them.
Text written and validated by e-dret in Xarxa SLP www.edret.cat
Last review: September 25, 2020
Nb: Palabras 3320